1) SMBC collects personal information, including sensitive information about students during the course of the student’s enrolment. The primary purpose for collecting this information is for enrolment assessment and schooling.
2) SMBC collects personal information from people attending our conferences, fundraising and other events. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable SMBC to enrol participants in a conference /event.
3) Some of the information we collect is to satisfy SMBC’s legal obligations, particularly to enable the college to discharge its duty of care.
4) Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of SMBC require that certain information is collected. These include public health laws.
Use of Information
5) On occasions, information such as academic achievement, student activities, photographs and other news is published (from time to time) in SMBC publications, magazines, promotional material and on our web and intranet sites. If you do not agree to this, it is your responsibility to advise us.
6) Information collected, including contact details will only be used by SMBC and not divulged to third parties except:
(i) when compulsory notification is required by the Australian College of Theology and Commonwealth Government Departments; or
(ii) when compulsory notification is required by law; or
(iii) when the student or graduate student consents.
7) From time to time SMBC engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. We will not disclose your information to third parties.
8) Student/staff/faculty photos may be used in a student handbook/directory. If you do not agree to this, it is your responsibility to advise us.
Access of Information
9) People may seek access to personal information collected about them by contacting the General Manager.
10) If you provide SMBC with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing information to SMBC and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that SMBC does not usually disclose the information to third parties.
11) Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about yourself from time to time.
12) If we do not obtain the information referred to above we may not be able to enrol or continue with your enrolment or staff position.